To ensure that we have everything we need to process your tax return quickly, please bring EVERYTHING THAT APPLIES to your situation.  Gather these important papers before you come to see us.

Here's the short, less complicated tax return list:

  •   Your health insurance information, or waiver information.

  •   The prior year's tax return.

  •   Drivers license for taxpayer and spouse.

  •   Social Security cards and dates of birth for all dependents, taxpayer, and spouse.

  •   All income records (W-2'sForms, 1099-Misc. , etc.).

Please review the rest of this list to see if anything applies to your tax situation:

  • All 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-PATR, 1099-R (pension and annuity income) statements.

  • Unemployment compensation Form 1098-G (this may vary by state).

  • Whatever form the state uses to report unemployment compensation benefits.

  • 1099-SA for Social Security Benefits Statement.

  • Mortgage interest statement.

  • Real Estate Tax and Personal Property Tax Statements.

  • Income and Expenses from a business you own.

  • Basis of stocks sold.

  • Form 8832 or Divorce decree for non-custodial parent claiming a dependent child.

  • Schedule K-1 from a partnership, an S-corporation, or a trust.

  • Rental income and expenses for rental units.

  • Non-resident aliens need to bring in their Visa, Passport, and any work authorization documentation.

  • Estimated tax payment amounts.

  • Alimony paid or received.

  • If you refinanced your home, bring closing documents from the title company.

  • If you are a part-year California resident, we need to know the dates you moved to CA, and the dates you were in the previous state in order to prepare that state return as well.

  • A record of all donations--cash and non-cash.

  • Mileage records.